"Do one thing well" they said. We chose domain names
The deadline for lodging a preference for conflicted names is October 18th, 2017
If you wish to retain your claim in the conflicted names process then you should lodge a preference
Please see the Conflicted Name Process for more detailed information on conflicted names
When a conflict is resolved then the
Conflictedstatus becomes a
Resolveddomain names may be registered at Metaname in the same way as any other domain name. The system will prompt for the UDAI required during registration
It's also possible to "transfer in"
Resolveddomain names although it's not possible to specify the registration term when domain names are registered in this way
Why choose Metaname?
- No hidden charges. Registration and renewal cost the same. No charge for reinstating domain names
- Prices that get lower automatically (without you having to ask) the more domain names you have at Metaname
- Fast, knowledgable support when you need it
- Full audit log of any changes to the account and domain names
- Automated bulk updates. Update hundreds of names at once instead of having to make changes by hand
- No charge to transfer domain names to Metaname †
- Easy, reliable bulk transfer of names
- Optional month-by-month renewal (.nz names only)
- Accounts can be protected by Two-factor authentication
- Full support for IPv6. Future-proof your domain names
- Full support for DNSSEC including signed zones in hosted DNS and key rollover
- Support for arbitrary DNS zones, facilitating the hosting of .arpa (reverse DNS) zones
- An API for automated name management
What our customers say
A few months ago I stumbled across Metaname while looking for a company where I could purchase and manage my .nz domain names. I decided to open an account with Metaname to see how things would go. A week later and I'm seriously impressed with the service. The domain management platform is very easy to use, easy for beginners, and the time it takes to register a domain - very fast. As someone who owns 3000+ global domain names and deals with many registrars everyday, I have found Metaname to be the best registrar I have dealt with in such a long time, and trust me there are many out there who are not that good. The team at Metaname are an amazing bunch of people. You won't regret using this wonderful Kiwi company.
Metaname was launched in 2009 to provide a domain name registrar that just works so you can get on with what you do. Metaname offers many domain name services not found elsewhere in New Zealand yet is surprisingly easy to use.
Metaname is a .nz authorised domain name registrar based in Christchurch, New Zealand.