Check the availability of a domain name
Names that had
PRRstatus lost their
PRRstatus at 1pm on the 30th of March 2015
Names that were previously
Resolvedprior 29th Jan 2015 lost their
Resolvedstatus on 30th March
Names that were
Resolvedafter 29th Jan or are
Resolvedfrom now on must be registered within two months of being resolved or lose their
Names that lose their preferential status become
Availablefor anyone to register
Professional-grade Domain name management
Why choose Metaname for your domain name portfolio?
- No hidden charges. Registration, renewal and reinstating domain names all cost the same
- Prices that get lower automatically the more domain names you have at Metaname
- Easy, reliable bulk transfer of names
- Automated bulk updates. Update thousands of names at once instead of having to make changes by hand
- Fast, knowledgable support when you need it
- No charge to transfer domain names to Metaname †
- Optional month-by-month renewal ( .nz names only)
- Integrity. No more tacky behaviour from your registrar
- Accounts can be protected by Two-factor authentication
- Full support for IPv6. Future-proof your domain names
- Full support for DNSSEC including signed zones in hosted DNS and key rollover
- Support for arbitrary DNS zones, facilitating the hosting of .arpa ( reverse DNS) zones
- Full audit log of any changes to the account and domain names
- An API for automated name management
What our customers say about Metaname
It's been great dealing with Neil and Mariann at Metaname. They offer a professional, reliable service with that helpful personal touch. The best domain registrar service we've experienced.
Metaname was launched in 2009 to provide a domain name registrar that adheres to a higher standard than your run-of-the-mill registrar. The Metaname system offers many domain name services not found elsewhere in New Zealand yet is surprisingly easy to use.
Metaname is a .nz authorised domain name registrar based in Christchurch, New Zealand.