Check the availability of a domain name
Reserved .nz domain names
The deadline for registering domain names that have been
Reservedis 1pm on March 30th, 2017
Reserveddomain names not registered by the deadline will become
Availablefor anyone to register
If you wish to retain any of your
Reserveddomain names then they must be registered before 1pm on March 30th
Reserved domain names may be registered at Metaname in the same way as any other domain name. If the domain name that conveys the rights to register the
Reserveddomain name is already managed at Metaname then the UDAI required during the registration of the
Reserveddomain name will be generated and supplied automatically so there's no need to separately generate a UDAI prior to registration. In other cases, the system will prompt for the required UDAI during registration
Its also possible to "transfer in"
Reserveddomain names although it's not possible to specify the registration term when domain names are registered in this way
If you transfer a domain name to Metaname that conveys rights to register a
Reserveddomain name then please allow 24 hours after the transfer for the
Reservedassociation to be updated prior to registering the
Professional-grade Domain name management
Why choose Metaname for your domain name portfolio?
- No hidden charges. Registration, renewal and reinstating domain names all cost the same
- Prices that get lower automatically the more domain names you have at Metaname
- Easy, reliable bulk transfer of names
- Automated bulk updates. Update thousands of names at once instead of having to make changes by hand
- Fast, knowledgable support when you need it
- No charge to transfer domain names to Metaname †
- Optional month-by-month renewal ( .nz names only)
- Integrity. No more tacky behaviour from your registrar
- Accounts can be protected by Two-factor authentication
- Full support for IPv6. Future-proof your domain names
- Full support for DNSSEC including signed zones in hosted DNS and key rollover
- Support for arbitrary DNS zones, facilitating the hosting of .arpa ( reverse DNS) zones
- Full audit log of any changes to the account and domain names
- An API for automated name management
What our customers say about Metaname
A few months ago I stumbled across Metaname while looking for a company where I could purchase and manage my .nz domain names. I decided to open an account with Metaname to see how things would go. A week later and I'm seriously impressed with the service. The domain management platform is very easy to use, easy for beginners, and the time it takes to register a domain - very fast. As someone who owns 3000+ global domain names and deals with many registrars everyday, I have found Metaname to be the best registrar I have dealt with in such a long time, and trust me there are many out there who are not that good. The team at Metaname are an amazing bunch of people. You won't regret using this wonderful Kiwi company.
Metaname was launched in 2009 to provide a domain name registrar that adheres to a higher standard than your run-of-the-mill registrar. The Metaname system offers many domain name services not found elsewhere in New Zealand yet is surprisingly easy to use.
Metaname is a .nz authorised domain name registrar based in Christchurch, New Zealand.