“Do one thing well” they said. We chose domain names
Why choose Metaname?
- No hidden charges. Registration and renewal cost the same. No charge for reinstating domain names
- Prices that get lower automatically (without you having to ask) the more domain names you have at Metaname
- Fast, knowledgable support when you need it
- Managed domain name option
- Full audit log of changes to the account and domain names
- Automated bulk updates. Update hundreds of names at once instead of having to make changes by hand
- No charge to transfer domain names to Metaname †
- Easy, reliable bulk transfer of names
- Accounts can be protected by Two-factor authentication
- Full support for IPv6
- Full support for DNSSEC including signed zones in hosted DNS and automated key rollover
- Support for arbitrary DNS zones, facilitating the hosting of .arpa (reverse DNS) zones
- An API for automated name management
What our customers say
I've used Metaname for years now. They do the service they specialise in well and offer IPv6 domain support as well as DNSSEC. When I contact support for any reason they're always willing to help out and their control panel is quite simply awesome to use in comparison to other domain providers. It's a zero fuss service that I can recommend to anyone at all from the most technically inclined to the least. I find the control panel easy for talking people through and even if it's not the cheapest domain provider, I feel it's well worth the extra few dollars per year.
Metaname was created in 2009 to provide a domain name registrar that just works so you can get on with what you do. Metaname offers many domain name services not found elsewhere in New Zealand yet is surprisingly easy to use.
Metaname is a .nz authorised domain name registrar based in Christchurch, New Zealand.